Associate Creative Director (Art Director)
- San Francisco, CA
Rakuten is looking for a talented Associate Creative Director (Art Director) to join our growing team and help drive the brand into the future. We're looking for a creative, forward-thinking, and highly skilled art director to be responsible for developing concepts, designing campaigns, and partnering with creative leadership on developing the brand. This role will support our creative, marketing, and performance teams in the development of breakthrough campaigns.
- Concepting, designing and executing campaigns that live across platforms including digital, email, social, digital video and TV.
- Nurture junior talent, providing clear direction and constructive feedback.
- Drive brand consistency across all touchpoints, ensuring all materials deliver and build a clear, consistent and elevated POV for Rakuten.
- Work with marketing team to develop innovative and high-impact campaigns and deliverables based on marketing objectives
- Develop bold ideas and creative approaches to telling Rakuten's story in ways that drives both acquisition and creates member loyalty.
- Lead the ideation, art direction, and design of projects from start to finish.
- Responsible for delivering quality work that adheres to briefs, is on brand, and is forward thinking.
- 10+ years of experience at creative agencies or in-house creative team (retail background, consumer technology or technology-enabled companies a plus.)
- Excellent management skills and strong leadership potential.
- Experience working across all mediums including TV/print/digital/social while remaining brand consistent
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual thinking applied across a range of channels, ranging from digital to TV/video.
- Highly conceptual thinker
- Impeccable art direction/design craft.
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator & Figma
- Highly collaborative, organized, and kind with a desire to help grow our brand.
- Stays on top of trends in design, typography and photography world.
Back to top