Human Resources Generalist
What you’ll do
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and government reporting regulations related to the employment of team members including OSHA, EEO/Title VII, ADEA, ERISA, ADA, FLSA, and other relevant laws.
- Foster and support a positive, employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and employee engagement.
- Serve as an advisor on Human Resource issues for all employees across the organization.
- Generate offer letter agreements for new hires, including but not limited to permanent hires, freelancers, and independent contractors.
- Support the Head of Talent and Career Development in key programmatic areas such as goal setting, performance management, employee relations, and organizational development.
- Keep the employee handbook and company policies up to date in accordance with employment law and organizational changes. Develop additional employee resources as needed.
- Responsible for the collection of all personnel administrative data including new hire paperwork, forms and emails submitted and ensuring they are entered into the appropriate HRIS, payroll and support systems accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local programs and regulations (Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, California Family and Medical Leave Act, Federal Medical Leave Act, COBRA, wage regulations, equal employment opportunity laws, etc.)Ensure state, local, and federal laws are followed in implementing human resources practices including payroll, benefits, and paid time off.
- Coordinate and facilitate components of new-hire onboarding, employee offboarding and all compliance trainings.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 3 years experience in a dedicated HR generalist role Solid knowledge of HR best practices including benefits, compensation, CA employment law, performance management, employee relations policies and procedures (PHR or SHRM certification preferred).
- Experience with independent contractors, international employment contract experience preferred.
- Detail-orientation; someone who thrives creating processes and systems to guarantee balls aren’t dropped
- High level of emotional intelligence; the ability to effectively communicate with all facets of a growing, global organization.
- A self-starter; strong sense of urgency, autonomy, and demonstrated ability to drive results.
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Gusto, BambooHR, BetterWorks, and Lever
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
How we'll reward you
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- 100% Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered (50% for dependents)
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Voluntary 401 k program
- Generous vacation time
- Professional development, in-office career coaching, and conference attendance
- Dog friendly offices
- Whatever desk setup you need to get your job done
- Weekly team activities like happy hours, in-office yoga, and much more
Meet Some of Rainforest QA's Employees
Sharon’s main duty in business operations is to ensure that all of Rainforest’s employees are always having a positive experience working for the company.
Back to top