Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. We are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.
As a DevOps Engineer at Rainforest QA you'll be part of an experienced and diverse team with members all over the world.
We were built as a distributed team from the beginning and we've committed to implementing tools and processes that allow for and support continuous and effective communication across the world.
What you'll do
- Rainforest QA automatically runs hundreds of thousands of tests each day for our clients and each test is run in a dedicated, newly provisioned virtual machine (VM) to guarantee a reliable and repeatable testing environment. You will be working to improve how we create, manage, and deploy these VMs.
- Work with our customer facing teams to triage, troubleshoot, and fix bugs
- Help other team members to achieve their goals
- Continuously learn about new technologies and ways to solve problems
What we’re looking for
- 3 years of Linux system administration with experience in running VMs on Linux
- Experience of Jenkins
- Experience of using Git
- Can script in shell and Ruby, Perl, or Python
- Ubuntu Linux system configuration and maintenance
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- An ownership mindset: you should look not only at what you’re asked to do, but ask why you’re doing it and how it impacts on the rest of the product, our customers, and whether it makes sense. We expect you to be responsible for your work and to resolve any bugs you might ship
- Excitement to learn: this position is mainly focused on creating new and maintaining existing Virtual Machines;we expect you to learn, use, and develop DevOp tools - and to play an active role in suggesting alternatives
- Excellent communication skills and able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Happy to review code and have your code reviewed
- Can work effectively remotely with remote team members(we are a fully distributed company)
- Comfortable working in a large codebase with many stakeholders
About our stack
- We work with Agile methodologies
- AWS / Google Cloud Platform / GKE
Identify with our company values
- No BS, No Ego: We are radically candid with each other in every interaction. This means a lack of politics, a lack of showboating, a lack of BS. This also means brevity, clarity of thought, and clarity of communication. We give and take feedback without ego, with the knowledge that we all are operating with good intent. No ego is the check system to balance no BS and keep it kind. No ad-hominem attacks.
- 1% better every day: Continuous improvement is what motivates us. We design our product, our organization and our careers to be continually improving. Mistakes are only bad if they are repeated. Experiments are only wasted if they are not learned from.
- Own the journey: We are all owners. We demand that of each other. The journey we own is threefold: our customers’ journey, our company’s journey and our personal journey. Our reason for existence is to nail our customer journey, so that we can scale our company’s success.
How we'll reward you
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- 100% Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered (75% for dependents)
- Voluntary 401k program
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Unlimited Vacation
- 3x/year company offsites to bond with the entire company and explore exciting destinations around the world (last 3 off-sites: Okinawa, Budapest, Kuala Lumpur)
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top