What you’ll do
- Frequently interface with external customers and internal teams (sales, customers success, support) to understand customers’ issues and pain points.
- Work alongside product managers to rapidly translate customers’ needs into well-designed solutions to their problems.
- Prototype and validate solutions with customers prior to building.
- Provide pixel perfect designs for implementation, including user flows, screens, error states, interactions, etc.
- Develop a consistent visual style and brand across all product and marketing communications.
- Be heavily involved in product strategy, including pitching design solutions to other teams and stakeholders.
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of product design experience on a production application with significant users.
- A proven ability to combine metrics, customer feedback, and your own intuition to produce elegant designs that delight users and drive business results.
- Strong UI skills, a clean visual design sense, and a pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Demonstrated mastery in the formal elements of design, including information architecture, typography, color, layout, and balance.
- Expert knowledge of design and workflow tools like Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; the ability to clearly explain design decisions and process to anyone in the company.
- High levels of empathy and excellent people skills. You must be able to listen, discuss, and influence with diplomacy.
- Excellent time management skills. Must be self-directed and highly productive.
- Must be able to work full time in San Francisco.
Bonus points for
- Experience as the first designer at a start-up, building out a design team over time
- Having owned multiple iterations of a web-based application over time
How we'll reward you
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- 100% Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered (50% for dependents)
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Voluntary 401 k program
- Generous vacation time
- Professional development, in-office career coaching, and conference attendance
- Dog friendly offices
- Whatever desk setup you need to get your job done
- Weekly team activities like happy hours, in-office yoga, and much more
Meet Some of Rainforest QA's Employees
Sharon’s main duty in business operations is to ensure that all of Rainforest’s employees are always having a positive experience working for the company.
Back to top