Water Conservation Manager
The Water Conservation Manager will be responsible for the overall sales growth of Rain Bird water management platforms and central controls, controllers, and associated water saving products in the assigned territory. The ideal candidate must be able to analyze market trends / opportunities and create, prioritize and execute strategies capitalizing on those opportunities assuring Rain Bird gains market share. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are necessary to succeed in this position, as well as, the candidate is expected to be proactive, customer-oriented, driven to succeed in a fast paced environment, suited for independent field work, possess strong self-initiative and deliver extraordinary results.
- Develop and successfully execute a sales plan that achieves new and significant sales and market share growth in all water management platforms and central controls, controllers, and associated water saving product categories in select regions.
- Justify and execute promotional programs intended to drive sales of the technical products, assuring market share gains are achieved.
- Work with the local sales team, including distribution sales staff and Rain Bird Authorized Service Providers (ASPs) to actively manage and assure Rain Bird is involved in all key / large central control projects.
- Work in conjunction with the local sales team in the development and implementation of the SBU Strategic Plans as they pertain to technical products.
- Collaborate with SBU Marketing to ensure product line plans, marketing programs; product / service launches and marketing materials meet the current and future needs of the end user customers.
- Work with the local sales team to maintain a seamless and cohesive approach to the market, while achieving the sales goals for the technical products.
- Prepare regular and special sales reports, as assigned, including bimonthly reports, strategic plans, market share analyses, etc.
- Be the regional expert for all central control products for the Rain Bird Sales Team, as well as, external customers. Fully understand technical product applications and design.
- Assist in the development and marketing launch of key technical products.
- Provide product application assistance to designers / specifiers, contractors, distributors, end-users and Rain Bird Sales Team.
- Travel to various regions in support of sales efforts and industry events (travel approximately 60%).
- 10+ years of technical marketing and/or technical sales experience.
- Direct report management experience.
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis on Business, Engineering or Landscape Architecture.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- Strong written, verbal, computer, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, technical, and communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the landscape irrigation market or building management systems.
- Background in commercial design and/or project sales and management.
- MBA degree is highly desirable.
- Experience marketing and/or selling products through distribution.
- Bi-lingual – English and Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top