The Transportation Manager has full responsibility for domestic rate negotiations, carrier selection and retention, expediting and leading transportation cost reduction projects. This position oversees and works with the international freight function and will develop strong working relationships with all Rain Bird Divisions.
- Manage the daily economic and efficient transportation services for Rain Bird and its customers.
- Identify, develop, and implement productivity improvements and other cost reduction strategies.
- Evaluation and selection of Logistics tools to enable more efficient execution of transportation operations.
- Work with outside parties for the purpose of obtaining contract proposals. These outside parties include: 3rd Party Logistics Companies, Freight Carriers & Logistics Consultants.
- Develop, maintain and evaluate relationships with Truckload, LTL, Parcel, Airfreight and International shipping companies.
- Work with internal Rain Bird organizations to understand their transportation needs. This includes: Manufacturing Plants, Strategic Business Units, Sales, Customer Service, and Distribution Centers.
- Provides guidance on internal transportation policies to ensure an integrated distribution program.
- BA/BS Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Distribution, Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management
- Knowledge of International shipping and cross border operations
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Good presentation skills
- Proven leadership/teamwork skills and ability
- Excellent problem solving/analytical and organizational skills
- Proven track record in project and process improvement management
- MBA or advanced degree
- Distribution Center/Warehouse Management Experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top