- Tucson, AZ
A leader in global irrigation, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and integrity, safety, quality and hard work while making a difference in the organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business.
Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world. A privately held company founded in 1933, we have over 4,000 product offerings, and have been awarded over 450 patents. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of Water™. It is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality.
(This is an ALWAYS RECRUITING POSITION)
This position will be in charge of all administrative and technical aspects for mold refurbishing, proto-type mold construction and mold documentation. He / She will drive mold improvement for assuring high quality parts, low cycle times and low mold maintenance costs. The Tooling Manager will foster craftsmanship, assure that state-of-the-art mold standards and tooling techniques are being used. He/ She will be responsible for the selection of suppliers, enforcing and implementing tooling standards, tool program management, turn-around of mold refurbishments jobs, balancing workload, workflow planning and industrial safety standards in the Tool Room. He / She must have a “can do” attitude and must be hands-on and will work towards goals.
Who you are:
You are a creative problem solver. You have the ability to diagnose, analyze and recommend solutions for tooling concerns. You are a person who has the ability to work in both a team atmosphere as well as matrix environment. You are on out of the box thinker and can easily rise up to a design challenge.
- BS degree in Engineering.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Experience in the development and supervision of mold makers.
- Tool building experience with experience in tight tolerance plastic injection molds.
- High level knowledge of hydraulic tool actions and unwind tools.
- Multi-tasking with ability to prioritize.
- Software proficiency including MS Office applications, CAD-CAM and FEA.
- High knowledge of SPE standards.
- Profound knowledge of statistical techniques and GD&T.
- A self-starter who is organized and energetic with a strong work ethic.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage and develop teams, preferably having experience in administrating tool maker apprenticeship programs.
- Bilingual: Spanish and English and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team worker.
- Experience in the selection of tool shops and injection mold components suppliers.
- Experience in the selection, purchase and installation of tool making equipment.
- Proficient in the use of CAD (SolidWorks) and mold flow analysis
- Experience with PVC processing & molds
- Experience in managing complex development programs with overseas tooling vendors (Asia)
- Willing to travel to the US, Mexico & China to support Rain Bird molds
- Bilingual – English, Spanish, and /or Chinese
#WorkingatHyson, #Engineeringjobs, #EnsemblesHysonJobs, #MechanicalEngineer, #scientificmolding, #CADdesigner, #Manufacturingengineer, #irrigation, #RotatingMachinery, #Mechanical, #CAD, #SolidWorks, #Plastics, #designengineer, #moldmaker, #ToolingEngineer, #toolingmanager, #PlasticsMoldsManufacturer, #toolmaker, #toolrepairtechnician, #tooldesigner, #injectionmoldingtools, #toshiba, #engel, #arburg, #tijuanajobs, #trabajando, #moldeocientífica, #ingenierodeherramientas, #gestordeutillaje, ##FEA, #sixsigma, #toolshops, #tighttolerance, #toolbuilding
Back to top