System Test Engineer
Responsible for verifying and validating proper implementation of product specifications for mobile apps and software products. Responsibilities include definition of test cases, development of test automation platform and scripts, test execution, and test reporting. Specific responsibilities include:
- Specify and setup hardware/software equipment for automation
- Monitor and calibrate test equipment to insure that all processes are operating correctly
- Recommend design/process improvements to increase product quality
- Prepare and document test procedures, test plans and test reports
- Control and execute of manual/automated test procedures
- Analysis of test data for quality prediction purposes
Meet established guidelines with high quality results
The successful candidate will demonstrate basic technical abilities and entry level knowledge of electronic devices/components. Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in programming/testing software.
- Experience in the development of functional test plans and procedures
- Design and testing experience of apps for mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Previous experience programming test automation platforms and writing test scripts for mobile app testing (Perl, Python, Java or similar programming tool)
- Possesses knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures used for testing software and embedded firmware
- Good communication, interpersonal, and technical skills
- High energy and an enthusiastic attitude, desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges
- Working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and Access
- Strong analytical skills
- Well organized
- Demonstrated success in participating in cross-functional teams involving all aspects of engineering projects
- Thorough understanding of mobile operating systems like iOS, Android and Windows mobile.
- Experience with HP Quality Center
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top