System Test Engineer
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global team.
The System Test Engineer is responsible for verifying and validating the proper implementation of product specifications for various electronic and software products. In addition, this individual will play an important role in the decision-making team for the Controls Manufacturing Division of Rain Bird, working with key individuals across the company to establish and maintain the quality standards for the division. Frequent coordination with the development facility in San Diego, CA is required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participation in all phases of development, implementation, and support: requirements analysis, documentation, design, implementation, product builds, testing, and field support
- Participation in the definition of test cases, development of test procedures, test execution, and test reporting, per plan and schedule
- Specify and setup hardware test equipment, including data acquisition equipment
- Monitor and calibrate test equipment to insure that all processes are operating correctly
- Ensure that good QA practices are followed throughout the product development lifecycle
- Coordinate with engineering and marketing departments to develop product performance and quality specifications
- Design and implementation of automated test scripts
- Participation in cross-functional design review and code review teams
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical abilities and testing experience. Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of design and testing experience in software/firmware
- Experience in the development of functional test plans and procedures
- Previous experience using test automation platforms and writing test scripts.
- Experience in testing mobile apps (preferably with embedded microprocessors)
- Experience in testing electronic products (preferably with embedded microprocessors)
- Experience in use of advanced testing tools; e.g. Oscilloscopes, Power Source, power meter, etc.
- High energy and an enthusiastic attitude, desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in participating in cross-functional teams involving all aspects of medium to large size engineering projects
- Prior experience of testing high volume electronic products, and testing for manufacturability
- Experience with HP’s Quality Center test management software
- Experience developing LabVIEW scripts
- Experience using Ranorex
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top