Sr. Quality Engineer
- This individual will be responsible to provide quality support and the development of manufacturing processes.
- The engineer will use statistical techniques such as PFMEA’s, first article analysis, capability studies, design of experiments, correlation studies, and hypothesis testing for defining optimum process and inspection requirements
- The engineer will provide support for trouble shooting defect conditions, identification and elimination of the sources of variation within the injection molding processes, thus supporting the DPPM and SCRAP reduction metrics, internally and with customers, including measurements and inspection plan improvements and failure analysis.
- Provide training to plant personnel, and other peers as inspectors in quality disciplines.
- Analyze quality data and issue reports prioritizing improvement opportunities.
§ BS Degree
- 3+ years’ experience as a Quality Engineer.
- Experience in high-volume manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of quality engineering tools such as SPC, Process Capability, Pareto Analysis, Gage R&R, DOE, D/P-FMEA and Control Plans.
- Experience managing high impact quality improvement projects
- Proven track record with measurable results.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and statistical software such as Minitab and Infinity QS.
- BS in Engineering or a Technical Discipline
- Certification in Six Sigma Green/ Black Belt, ASQ CQE
- Experience with extrusion processes
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage and develop teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Bilingual English and Spanish
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top