Sr. Quality Engineer
Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, creates innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while saving water.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for diagnosing quality problems and recommending solutions and preventative measures. The Quality Engineer diagnoses product problems, in the plant. This role develops testing methodologies and equipment including precision computerized measuring devices and statistical control techniques. Analyses results and recommends solutions to complex product and process quality problems. Works with engineering and manufacturing staffs, equipment manufacturers and vendors to develop solutions and implement preventative measures. Certifies and sustains manufacturing processes using quality assurance tools. Drive adequacy and conformance of processes and procedures through the internal audit process and the corrective action process. This is a critical position in the Quality organization which provides training and guidance to improve the inspection and statistical process control skills of the quality control inspectors and production personnel. The Quality Engineer must possess experience with working alongside Quality Technicians as well as providing day to day direction for them.
- Willingness to perform as a “hands-on” Quality Engineer to assist other functions.
- Knowledge and experience on the use of quality tools: SPC, Pareto analysis, gage R&R, capability studies, P/D FMEAs.
- Education on Six Sigma methodologies
- Some supervisory experience.
- Proven track record with significant and measurable results
- Thorough knowledge of statistics (regression, DOE, t-tests, hypothesis)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts, drawings and schematics (mechanical, electrical & hydraulic).
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Some Formal training in management and Leadership
- Knowledge and use of project management skills and team building.
Rain Bird is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top