Sr. Project-Manufacturing Engineer
This engineering position is responsible for leading, or participating, in projects, both new developments and sustaining engineering projects in the plant. The engineer also be involved in moving forward manufacturing improvement projects, plus creating and maintaining procedures, training and the documentation of the projects at a high standard. The engineer will carry out production testing as per specification and insure new products, new materials, and new equipment are qualified to company standards prior to introduction throughout the complete manufacturing chain. The ideal candidate should have previous experience with automation, assembly and a Mechanical background which includes new equipment installation.
- Performs Documental Process Procedure Elaboration.
- Coordinate activities with Research and Development Engineering team.
- Lead or participate in projects that improve safety, quality, delivery, capacity, and cost.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation of the processes.
- Specify, select, and coordinate installation of equipment and equipment improvements.
- Participate in New Product Development and New Product Launches.
- Implement projects as specified by Engineering Mgr.
- Perform sustaining engineering functions for the plant as required.
- Conceive, justify, and implement significant product design improvements to reduce prime cost through the use of alternate materials, redesign, labor reductions, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as a manufacturing and/or project engineer in a manufacturing facility. Less experience may be acceptable if the applicant has an advanced degree related to plastics, especially concerning the the extrusion process.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter with the flexibility to work in multiple roles in a team environment.
- Enthusiasm and the willingness to learn quickly and effectively is a must.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Advanced degree, specifically in plastics.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Experience in using tools such as Lean Manufacturing, DOE and PFMEA.
- Experience in an extrusion manufacturing environment.
- Experience using SolidWorks or equivalent 3D CAD software.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top