Sr. Project Engineer - Plastic Design
- Conceive, justify, prioritize, and implement significant product design improvements to reduce prime cost through the use of alternate materials, part redesign or elimination, labor reduction, or other means.
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement new product designs that will result in significant sales revenue and profit.
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline (preference: Mechanical Engineering)
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design, materials, solid mechanics and mechanism design.
- Well organized, enthusiastic, high energy, results driven, solid work ethic.
- Experience with CAE and CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Competency and experience in developing low cost, high volume, high quality products.
- Experience with conceptualization and implementation of cost reductions and quality improvements.
- Ability to perform financial analysis and cost justifications.
- Experience in managing large projects, identifying critical paths, and achieving both technical and schedule milestones.
- Fundamental understanding of statistical process control.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, both as a leader/facilitator and a participant.
- Proven success as leader of a cross-functional team.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced degree.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Design for Six Sigma, Lean, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Design of Experiments, and process capability studies.
- Experience in plastic injection molding, spring manufacturing, ultrasonic or spin welding of plastics, and automatic assembly equipment.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Experience with irrigation products/industry.
- Working knowledge of injection molded plastic component design and a basic knowledge of plastics processing and mold tool design.
- Management experience with a history of increasing levels of responsibility.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
Rain Bird is an equal opportunity employer
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top