Sr. Project Engineer (Plastic Component Design)
Candidate will be responsible for all aspects of new product development involving conceptualization, development, production implementation and post-launch support in a cross-functional team environment. We’re looking for a self-starter, capable of working independently across multiple SBU’s and functional organizations. Candidate will also work closely with marketing and sales teams, and will initiate and develop ideas that will enhance and expand the Landscape Drip and Agricultural extruded product lines. Candidate must be a strong project leader and is expected to provide technical leadership and occasional supervision of engineers, technicians, interns and support staff.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of product design and project engineering, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with demonstrated competence in plastics, molded and extrusion designs
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering concepts
- Proven success in product development as a leader of cross-functional team
- Conceive and implement cost reductions and quality improvements
- Proficiency in project management and execution and effective project scheduling
- Proficiency in 3D solid modeling CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced team environment
- Advanced degree (ME or MBA)
- Direct supervisory experience managing engineering staff
- 3+ years of design experience of low cost, high volume, high quality products
- Working knowledge of FMEA, DOE, SPC, FEA and CFD
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, sensors, control systems, PLC programming, and the like.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top