Sr. Project Engineer
The Senior Project Engineer position is responsible for all aspects of new product development involving conceptualization, development, manufacturing automation, production implementation and post-launch support in a cross-functional team environment. Self-starter, capable of working independently across multiple divisional and functional organizations. Candidate will also work closely with marketing and sales teams, and will initiate and develop ideas that will enhance and expand Rain Bird product lines. Candidate must be a strong project leader and is expected to provide technical leadership and occasional supervision of engineers, technicians, interns and support staff.
- Responsible for all aspects of new product development involving conceptualization, development, production implementation and post-launch support in a cross-functional team environment.
- Creative, Motivated Self-Starter, capable of working independently across multiple SBU’s and functional organizations.
- Work closely with marketing and sales teams, and will initiate and develop ideas that will enhance and expand product lines.
- Expected to be a key contributor to innovative new product development by performing project leadership, design activities and engineering analysis while also supporting sustaining engineering.
- They should be prepared to provide technical assistance to the team with occasional supervision of technicians, interns and support staff.
- Strong project management skills
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 8+ years of product design and project engineering, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with demonstrated competence in injection molded designs
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering concepts
- Demonstrated success in product development as a leader of a cross-functional team including priority setting, budget management, and timing
- Conceive and implement cost reductions and quality improvements
- Proficiency in project management and execution and effective project scheduling
- Proficiency in 3D solid modeling CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced team environment
- Advanced degree (ME or MBA)
- Direct supervisory experience managing an engineering staff
- 5+ years of design experience of low cost, high volume, high quality products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, FMEA, DOE, SPC, FEA and CFD
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, sensors, control systems, pick and place equipment, and the like.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top