Sr. Project Engineer - Cost Reduction
- Tucson, AZ
This position is responsible for being a primary interface between design, product and marketing groups with plant personnel in order to create, lead and support all cost reduction projects by achieving high level manufacturing efficiency, product quality and customer service.
- Perform as the primary interface between the design groups, product managers, marketing and the plant functional areas
- Identify, lead, execute and implement cost reduction projects involving conceptualization, development, production implementation and post-launch support making sure to maintain or improve quality and avoid affect marketability
- Conceive, justify, and implement significant product design improvements to reduce cost through the use of alternate materials, part redesign or elimination/consolidation, or reduction of labor.
- Collaborate with plant staff to achieve high levels of customer service, product quality, and manufacturing efficiency
- Able to work and provide results with minimal supervision
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience in achieving results in areas of responsibility where cost reductions were/are involved
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to perform financial analysis and cost justifications
- Well organized, enthusiastic, high energy, strong work ethic
- Working knowledge with injection-molded plastic components and a basic knowledge of plastics processing, mold tool design and resins
- Excellent theoretical and applied knowledge of design and mechanical engineering concepts using CAD/CAE engineering tools (SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, both as a leader/facilitator and a participant
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Knowledge of Value Analysis / Value Engineering process
- Product Engineering experience
- GD&T and Tolerance Stack Up Analysis experience
- Creative, able to think "out of the box"
- MBA and/or Master’s Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of 6-Sigma, DFSS, LEAN, FMEA, DOE, and other quality improvement methods
- Plastic part design experience from concept to implementation
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top