Sr. Project Engineer
As the Rain Bird Sr. Project Engineer you are primarily responsible for leading new product development projects and occasionally sustaining current products. You are self motivated and expected to be a key contributor to innovative new product development by performing project leadership, design activities and engineering analysis while also supporting sustaining engineering. You will also work closely with a cross functional team in order to ensure project success.
- Candidate will be responsible for all aspects of new product development involving conceptualization, development, production implementation and post-launch support in a cross-functional team environment.
- We are looking for a Creative, Motivated Self-Starter, capable of working independently across multiple SBU’s and functional organizations.
- Candidate will also work closely with marketing and sales teams, and will initiate and develop ideas that will enhance and expand the Landscape Drip & Agriculture product lines.
- Candidate is expected to be a key contributor to innovative new product development by performing project leadership, design activities and engineering analysis while also supporting sustaining engineering.
- They should be prepared to provide technical assistance to the team with occasional supervision of technicians, interns and support staff.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 8+ years of product design and project engineering, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with demonstrated competence in injection molded designs
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering concepts
- Conceive and implement cost reductions and quality improvements
- Experience with sustaining engineering activities
- Proficiency in project management and execution including effective project scheduling
- Proficiency in 3D solid modeling CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced team environment
- Advanced degree (ME or MBA)
- Direct supervisory experience managing engineering staff
- Proven success in product development as a leader of a cross-functional team
- 5+ years of design experience of low cost, high volume, high quality products
- Working knowledge of FMEA, DOE, SPC, FEA and CFD
- Working knowledge of irrigation products
- Pneumatics & hydraulics experience
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top