Sr. Network Software Development Engineer
The candidate will join a talented team of engineers at the ground level of a major Rain Bird technological initiative, which provides a unique opportunity to help shape the foundation elements and long-term development strategy of our new Internet-connected Irrigation Controller platforms. We seek an experienced, creative and forward-thinking individual who is passionate about tackling the challenges of building the “next big thing” in the irrigation industry. Join us as we grow our footprint in the Internet of Things arena, and add your contribution to this exciting field!
- Design, implement and maintain network platform software for Rain Bird irrigation controllers and products. Candidate will help drive our strategy and implementation for network-connected embedded products.
- Drive software design and development relating to network and system architecture, functionality and serviceability.
- Provides technical solution (architecture) proposals, estimates, detailed requirement specifications. Implements and integrates RFC compliant stacks, and components in support of requirements.
- Manages and interacts with stack, component and database vendors.
- Activities include design and development, rigorous design reviews, product verification and field validation, along with developing appropriate documentation.
- Investigate new Internet technologies; is the core expert for IoT, RFCs and trends
- Work closely with the project team, management, Quality Assurance, and off-site developers.
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent.
- Strong software development, debugging, Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability skills in C/C++, Pearl, Ruby.
- Experience with LAMP servers, preferably on Ubuntu Linux deployment.
- 8+ years of experience developing and integrating software stacks and applications for TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols on IPv4 and IPv6.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate TCP/IP stacks, HTTP/FTP server/client, mail protocols and other components, from multiple vendors, on embedded systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in a team-oriented work environment.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, analytical, problem solver.
- Proven track record of generating high-quality results and meeting project schedules.
- MS degree
- Experience with 802.11 wireless standards and networks highly desired, including embedded Wi-Fi networking stacks
- Experience with Linux networking stack and developing system software in Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience with IPsec
- Formal “use cases” experience
- Experience with mobile application development for iPhone and Android devices
- Experience developing custom protocols for embedded systems
- Experience in the irrigation industry
Rain Bid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top