Sr. Mobile Application Development Engineer (Android & iOS)
- Develop irrigation-related mobile applications for iPhone and Android devices. Candidate will help drive our strategy and implementation for app-connected embedded products.
- Create rapid mock-up prototypes for proof-of-concept purposes
- Define functional specifications for mobile applications based on product requirements
- Research and integrate new technologies and innovative solutions
- Assist Quality Assurance in developing test plans in support of application updates deployment
- Work closely with the project team, management, Quality Assurance, and off-site developers.
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- Activities include design and development, design reviews, product verification and field validation along with coordinating with quality assurance and developing appropriate documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- iOS skills: Objective C, Cocoa, OS SDK, Swift.
- Android skills: Java, Android SDK.
- Experience with XML, XHTML, JSON, SOAP, REST.
- Experience with native hardware components (camera, GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong OOP and software design abilities
- Experience with Design for Testability
- Proven experience in a team-oriented work environment.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, analytical, problem solver.
- Proven track record of generating high-quality results and meeting project schedules.
- Master’s Degree
- Familiarity with software development for embedded systems.
- Development experience with network communications TCP/IP, Ethernet, WiFi, servers, etc.
- Experience in the irrigation industry
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top