Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Rain Bird is hiring an experienced Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to design, conceptualize and implement high speed automated production equipment. This person will implement advanced, lean and efficient manufacturing methodologies while fostering creativity and innovation within the engineering team. As a highly skilled employee you will manage manufacturing engineering projects including automation, manufacturing processes, related systems, process improvement, plant layout and documentation.
- Design, conceptualize and implement high speed automated production equipment.
- Justify and implement advanced, lean and efficient manufacturing methodologies.
- Manage manufacturing engineering projects including automation, manufacturing processes, related systems, process improvement, plant layout and documentation.
- Provide technical advice and troubleshoot complex processes and equipment.
- Provide technical leadership and manage major projects.
- Specify and work with vendors and manufacturing staff on the installation and maintenance of production equipment.
- Train and supervise other manufacturing engineers, technicians and maintenance staff.
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support for new and existing products
- Initiate equipment modifications to improve productivity and product quality.
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate the development of manufacturing equipment.
- Lead the maintenance department to improve machine reliability and reduce downtime.
- Work with the maintenance department on facilities issues
- Foster creativity and innovation within the engineering team.
- Have a good working knowledge of industry best practices with respect to developing New Product Development manufacturing processes.
- Strong Engineering discipline
- 7+ years of New Product Development support and
- 7+ years background in advanced manufacturing systems or automation.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with continuous motion automated assembly
- Solid project management skills to define and track engineering projects
- Ability to motivate individuals to high levels of performance and accomplishment
- Ability to work well with both internal and external resources
- Experience in the design and support of automation equipment and production lines
- Proven experience in setting up and maintaining high speed automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience with PLC, Vision and robot programming
- Knowledge of CAD/CAE Engineering tools, specifically SolidWorks
- Hands-on approach and ability to perform work on equipment
- Knowledge of SPC, FMEA, DOE and process capability studies
- Well organized, enthusiastic, and a strong work ethic
- MBA or graduate degree strongly desired
- Experience with laser weld and ultrasonic welding processes
- Management experience
- Experience with plastic injection molded components
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is to base decisions on job related factors, not on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, national origin, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top