Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world and is seeking to hire a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of Water™, as it is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality. Feel free to browse our website to familiarize yourself with who we are - www.rainbird.com. You will find that a career at Rain Bird offers a challenging and very rewarding opportunity for self-motivated, results minded individuals looking for a unique career position with a well established company. Our employees enjoy a company culture that fosters teamwork as well as individual initiative and rewards success with a highly competitive compensation/benefits package as well as other unique benefits.
Candidate will be responsible for developing high speed automated equipment for extrusion operation to support new product development and post-launch support in a cross functional team environment. Candidate will also be responsible for designing, sourcing and validating all equipment related to the process. We’re looking for a self-starter, hands-on, mechanically inclined and capable of working independently to support engineering team. Candidate will initiate and develop manufacturing ideas that will enhance and expand the Landscape Drip and Agricultural extruded product lines. Candidate must be a strong project leader and is expected to provide technical leadership to technicians, interns and support staff.
- BS degree in engineering discipline
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience in the design and support of high speed automation equipment and production lines
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, specifying and developing equipment utilizing and integrating PLC’s, motor controls, pneumatic and hydraulic elements as well as other machine instrumentation.
- Conceive and implement cost reductions and process improvements
- Proficiency in project management and execution and effective project scheduling
- Proficiency in 3D solid modeling CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced team environment
- Advance degree in engineering
- Experience with extrusion of tube products
- Working knowledge of FMEA, DOE, SPC
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#exctrusion, #plastics, #extrude, #processengineer, #plasticprocesses, #plasticmolding, #plasticextrusion, #manufacturingengineer, #extrusiondies, #automation, #automated
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top