Sr. Lead Software Engineer
- Tucson, AZ
The Sr. Software Engineer for our growing mobile application and server team will focus on the continued expansion of cloud services and related technologies to guide us into the future of internet connected irrigation systems. Work with a talented and focused team to provide guidance on new and iterative software development. The candidate is highly self-motivated, will possess a strong knowledge of cloud software technologies and be able to work with marketing to help identify the most appropriate technical approaches and technologies, and drive early conceptual designs and prototypes. As the Sr. Software Engineer your day to day activities will include tracking current development tasks internal and external as well as identifying upcoming requests and converting requirements into detailed specifications for implementation.
- Understand the requirements and customer needs for software projects. This includes interfacing with various stakeholders, such as product managers, architects, and management
- Lead the execution of software projects by assigning tasks, tracking and reporting progress, and mentoring senior software developers
- Design and develop virtualized cloud software for the support of consumer connected devices in various home network configurations.
- Lead the implementation and deployment of cloud-based systems utilizing the latest technology.
- Develop business objects to fulfill product requirements and implement Unit Tests to validate the business logic
- Work with the Quality Assurance group to identify and fix defects
- Work with outside vendors for some software components or design work
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent from an accredited university
- 7+ years of technical project leadership experience for software development
- 7+ years of hands-on software engineering experience in Java, including experience with Web development, service development, and Internet communication technologies
- Experience managing development using Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Proficient with Java, C++, Linux
- Amazon Web Services
- IoT cloud experience (AWS IoT Core, HiveMQ, etc.)
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Demonstrated on-time delivery of commercial software systems
- NoSQL (Aerospike preferred), MySQL
- Embedded development
- AWS Solutions Architect certification
- Experience in the irrigation industry
- Experience with Perforce, Git
- NUnit or other Unit Testing experience
- Experience with CI/CD build and deployment pipelines
- Cloud Development experience
- Demonstrable understanding of the basics of common Internet, IoT and M2M protocols and methods such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, TLS, NAT, MQTT
Remote work is an option for this position for candidates who will be located in some US states and subject to specific requirements. Please talk to the recruiter or hiring manager for further details.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top