Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer
Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years seeks a results-driven Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer in San Diego, CA with a passion for new product development, as well as re-innovation of current products. Are you a self-motivated, high-energy team player who has strong communication skills? Do you enjoy digging into the details to develop innovative solutions? Then working at Rain Bird could be a perfect next job.
- Responsible for all aspects of firmware development for new, innovative product designs using embedded microprocessors.
- Scope of responsibilities will cover architectural design, technical specifications, reusable modular designs, cost-effective engineering designs, code development, testing to robust environments, production implementation and product support in a cross-functional team environment.
- Expected to provide technical leadership, use influencing skills to manage and progress projects and perform a project lead role on a variety of firmware projects.
- Candidate will interact with engineering, marketing, management and project leads to assure that product development priorities are completed to schedule and budget, while ensuring quality and product performance requirements are met.
- Product development activities include design and development, rigorous design reviews, incorporation of lessons learned from existing products, product verification and field validation along with coordinating with quality assurance and developing appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- Responsible for writing high-quality, well-documented, bug-free code
- Must be self-directed and be able to work within scope with a minimum amount of supervision.
- BS in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or other related technical degree.
- Evidence of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions to both engineering and customer problems.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and leadership skills
- Evidence of strong firmware architecture design thinking and ability to clearly document designs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage small engineering projects and teams, get buy-in for solutions and efficiently track progress to completion.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- 5+ years of prior experience using embedded processors such as Atmel AVR, FreeScale, Microchip, PIC, 8051, and similar 8-bit processors.
- 1-5 years of prior experience using embedded 32-bit Cortex ARM cores such as M0, M4.
- Experience with multi-tasking and multi-processor communication using microprocessors with and without RTOS implementations
- Experience in use of advanced development/debugging tools; e.g. C compilers, ICE, JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability, and Design for Testability
- Experience using UML modelling techniques and tools
- Direct experience designing and implementing digital and analog circuitry
- Experience in the irrigation industry
- Demonstrated experience managing external firmware vendors effectively (on budget, on time and with high quality).
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #engineering, #electricalengineer, #softwareengineer, #embedded, #embeddedengineer, #802.11, #wireless, #innovation, #quality, #embeddedwi-fi, #embeddedsystems, #linux, #unix, #masters, #IPv4, #IPv6, #HTTP/FTP, #32-bit, #16-bit, #8-bit, #32bit, #microcontroller, #computerscience, #electricalengineering, #C/C+, #IPsec, #CortexARMcores, #internetofthings, #iOT, #networking, #json-pc, #wifi, #bluetooth, #zigbee, Z-wave, #remotecommand, #coding
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top