Sr. Distribution Supervisor
Provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of the Steele Distribution Center including receiving, inventory storage, order filling, shipping dock operations and Distribution Services.
- Drive and lead safety program and 5S initiatives.
- Drive and lead a Lean Distribution and continuous improvement methodology to make improvements to Distribution Center and supply chain operations.
- Experience in supervising, training and developing a seasonal temporary agency workforce.
- Work with the distribution management team in meeting Corporate strategic initiatives for improving productivity and increasing service quality to internal and external customers.
- Maintain Distribution Center facility and material handling equipment.
- Maintain high levels of inventory accuracy. Drive improvements to the inventory cycle counting program.
- Work with distribution management team to improve work environment.
- Support transportation cost reduction activities.
- Justify and implement new equipment and processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Achieve safety, quality, delivery, and shipping accuracy goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Operations Management or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience in a fast pace warehouse environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and to implement change.
- MBA degree.
- 3 or more years of management experience in a physical distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management Systems (PeopleSoft) and Warehouse Management Systems (PkMS).
- Experience with radio frequency and automatic identification uses in material handling.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Christen works with a team across the west coast—selling irrigation systems to public agencies, landscape architects, and irrigation designers in an effort to grow Rain Bird’s market.
Back to top