Sr. Distribution Supervisor
A leader in global irrigation and advocating for The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team.
As the Senior Supervisor of Distribution, you will provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of the Azusa Distribution Center including receiving, inventory storage, order filling, shipping dock operations and Distribution Services.
- Drive and lead safety program and 5S initiatives
- Drive and lead a Lean Distribution and continuous improvement methodology to make improvements to Distribution Center and supply chain operations
- Experience in supervising, training and developing a seasonal temporary agency workforce
- Work with the distribution management team in meeting Corporate strategic initiatives for improving productivity and increasing service quality to internal and external customers
- Maintain Distribution Center facility and material handling equipment
- Maintain high levels of inventory accuracy
- Drive improvements to the inventory cycle counting program
- Work with distribution management team to improve work environment
- Support transportation cost reduction activities
- Justify and implement new equipment and processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Achieve safety, quality, delivery, and shipping accuracy goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Operations Management or related field.
- 10 or more years of experience in a fast pace warehouse environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Shown ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and to implement change
- General Manager or Senior Manager prior experience
- P&L responsibility
- MBA degree
- 10 + years of management experience in a physical distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management Systems (PeopleSoft) and Warehouse Management Systems (PkMS)
- Experience with radio frequency and automatic identification uses in material handling.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top