The Specification Account Manager is responsible for leading and maximizing specification sales growth and share for Rain Bird SBU’s in the GCC irrigation market (UAE, Qatar, Oman & Kuwait) by securing and influencing the specifications with the consultants, architects, Municipalities, and Developers. As the technical expert on Irrigation specifications you are a resource to the Area Managers and Public Agency Accounts. You are motivated and willing to collaborate with Marketing staff to improve specification results with current products by defining and executing programs to deliver these results.
- Ensure products and solutions are qualified at the customer level and driven through the specification cycle.
- Establish Rain Bird brand as the primary product specified for ongoing maintenance and on new projects in the region.
- Develop and implement sales programs and strategies designed to grow through Public Agencies and Corporate Accounts aggressively.
- Ensure 25%-30% from GCC sales comes from the newly developed product range.
- Make Rain Bird the most visible manufacturer to all agencies in the region.
- Participation in local Park & Rec Associations, EcoMENA, LEED, ASIC and other organizations for the purpose of networking and generating opportunities to sell Rain Bird products.
- Be the technical expert on Irrigation specifications and be a resource to the Area Managers and Public Agency Accounts.
- Foster collaboration across GCC markets to improve specification results.
- Collaborate with SBU’s Marketing staff to improve specification results with current products by defining and executing programs to deliver these results.
- Obtain market information regarding competitor’s technologies and solutions, potential projects, and other sales related issues
- This position requires approximately 50+% overnight travel.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a technical discipline
- Ten or more years of combined experience in sales and sales management
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and credibly at all levels in the organization
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic and tactical thinking, and detailed planning
- MBA or another advanced degree
- Irrigation Industry Experience
- Experience with Key account management or B2B marketing, irrigation design and installation
- Fluency in Arabic / English
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rain Bird Corporation is the world's leading manufacturer and provider of irrigation products and services. Since its beginnings in 1933, Rain Bird has offered the industry's broadest range of irrigation products for farms, golf courses, sports arenas, commercial developments and homes in more than 130 countries around the globe. Rain Bird has been awarded more than 450 patents worldwide, including the first in 1935 for the impact sprinkler. Rain Bird and The Intelligent Use of Water™ are about using water wisely. Its commitment extends beyond products to education, training, and services for the industry and the community. In 2015 Rain Bird developed the 25 Ways to Save 25% website to provide a resource to consumers on water irrigation options, http://25ways.rainbird.com
Rain Bird maintains state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, France, and Mexico. People who work at Rain Bird find rewarding careers in Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Operations and more.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top