Senior Software Engineer - (Network Development)
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team.
As a Senior Software Engineer Network Development, you will design, implement and maintain network platform software for Rain Bird irrigation controllers and products. Candidate will help drive our strategy and implementation for network-connected embedded products.
- Drive software design and development relating to network and system architecture, functionality and serviceability.
- Provides technical solution (architecture) proposals, estimates, detailed requirement specifications. Implements and integrates RFC compliant stacks, and components in support of requirements.
- Manages and interacts with stack, component and database vendors.
- Activities include design and development, rigorous design reviews, product verification and field validation, along with developing appropriate documentation.
- Investigate new Internet technologies; is the core expert for IoT, RFCs and trends
- Work closely with the project team, management, Quality Assurance, and off-site developers.
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent.
- Strong software development, debugging, Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability skills in C/C++, Pearl, Ruby.
- Experience with LAMP servers, preferably on Ubuntu Linux deployment.
- 8+ years of experience developing and integrating software stacks and applications for TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols on IPv4 and IPv6.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate TCP/IP stacks, HTTP/FTP server/client, mail protocols and other components, from multiple vendors.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in a team-oriented work environment.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, analytical, problem solver.
- Proven track record of generating high-quality results and meeting project schedules.
- MS degree
- Experience with 802.11 wireless standards and networks highly desired, including embedded Wi-Fi networking stacks
- Experience with Linux networking stack and developing system software in Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience with IPsec
- Formal “use cases” experience
- Experience with mobile application development for iPhone and Android devices
- Experience in the irrigation industry
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top