Senior Software Engineer - Network Development
Design, implement and maintain network platform software for Rain Bird irrigation controllers and products. Candidate will help drive our strategy and implementation for network-connected embedded products.
- Drive software design and development relating to network and system architecture, functionality and serviceability.
- Provides technical solution (architecture) proposals, estimates, detailed requirement specifications. Implements and integrates RFC compliant stacks, and components in support of requirements.
- Manages and interacts with stack, component and database vendors.
- Activities include design and development, rigorous design reviews, product verification and field validation, along with developing appropriate documentation.
- Investigate new Internet technologies; is the core expert for IoT, RFCs and trends
- Work closely with the project team, management, Quality Assurance, and off-site developers.
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent.
- Strong software development, debugging, Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability skills in C/C++, Pearl, Ruby.
- Experience with LAMP servers, preferably on Ubuntu Linux deployment.
- 8+ years of experience developing and integrating software stacks and applications for TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols on IPv4 and IPv6.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate TCP/IP stacks, HTTP/FTP server/client, mail protocols and other components, from multiple vendors.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in a team-oriented work environment.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, analytical, problem solver.
- Proven track record of generating high-quality results and meeting project schedules.
- MS degree
- Experience with 802.11 wireless standards and networks highly desired, including embedded Wi-Fi networking stacks
- Experience with Linux networking stack and developing system software in Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience with IPsec
- Formal “use cases” experience
- Experience with mobile application development for iPhone and Android devices
- Experience in the irrigation industry
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top