Senior Quality Engineer
The position is responsible for diagnosing quality problems with vendors and in the field, recommending solutions and preventative measures. This position develops testing methodologies on equipment, including precision computerized measuring devices and statistical control techniques. Analyses results and recommends solutions to complex product and process quality problems. Works with engineering and manufacturing teams, equipment manufacturers and vendors to develop solutions and implement preventative measures.
• Manages all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. Internal, supplier and customer.)
• Identifies root cause and instigates permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
• Works with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
• Leads and carries out product and process auditing
• Ensures control plans and associated documentation that are implemented effectively and maintained
• Monitors and reports on quality-related key performance indicators (KPI’s), including scrap monitoring, rework levels, parts per million (PPM) figures for Customers and Suppliers with time and cost recovery
• Stops production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
• Undertakes special projects as required
• Assists with training of quality awareness and first off sample approvals
• Promotes the use of techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
• Participates in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
• Participates in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
• Contributes and supports continuous improvement activities on lead processes
• Plans projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
• Produces written reports and makes presentations
• Position requires an individual who is enthusiastic, hardworking and has a “can-do” attitude.
• Engineering degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience
• Strong Lean manufacturing and six sigma toolset a must.
• Ability to lead significant improvements in quality, productivity, cost and material velocity
• Excellent leadership skills – high integrity, results driven, interpersonal skills, ability to champion change and strong manufacturing competencies
• History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
• Experience in high volume, discrete manufacturing strongly desirable
• Bilingual - English and Spanish
• Post graduate education with MBA degree.
• Prior Plant Management and budget responsibility.
• Six Sigma Certification
• Experience in injection molding, high speed automation, cellular manufacturing and/or extrusion
Rain Bird Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top