Senior Project Engineer - Technical Leader (Electronics)
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team.
The Sr. Engineer- Electronics Project Leader oversees the initiation, planning, implementation, and tracking of multiple development projects. These electronics projects may include those related to new product development, cost reduction, or quality enhancements. The candidate will possess a strong knowledge of electronics and microprocessor technologies and be able to work with marketing to help identify the most appropriate technical approaches and technologies, drive early conceptual designs and prototypes, and ensure solutions will fit within company goals and guidelines. Specific activities includes project team management, external vendor management, project planning, monitoring progress, developing and tracking budgets, controlling expenses, facilitating team meetings, and more.
Rain Bird's Controls division is a multi-disciplinary engineering and production team. We make irrigation controllers for a variety of applications using creative and innovative state of the art engineering methods. Our diverse group is comprised of self-motivated people who are excited to share their expertise in various engineering specialties, such as Mechanical, Electronics, Firmware, Software, and IOT.
- Deliver expected results associated with assigned design and development projects
- Be proficient in driving new product designs using electronics and embedded firmware
- Skilled at dentifying and recommending viable technical approaches to solve new product needs.
- Collaborate with employees in multiple Rain Bird Design & Manufacturing facilities in US and Mexico.
- Prepare RFQ (Request For Quotation) and work with external vendors on SOW (Statement of Work) documents
- Participate heavily in all phases of product conceptualization, justification, requirements definition, development, implementation, and launch
- Lead multi-discipline project teams to complete projects on-time and on-budget
- Set team priorities, develop work schedules, and regularly assess progress
- Anticipate and solve technical problems by identifying and assessing risks, identifying possible solutions, and driving appropriate mitigation and corrective actions
- Provide progress reports and recommendations to stakeholders
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance to develop appropriate documentation
- B.S. in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or other related technical degree
- Experience in developing electronic products for robust applications and high production volumes
- Exceptional knowledge of electronic design and embedded firmware development processes
- Experience with 8-bit microprocessors, 32-bit processors, analog, and digital circuitry
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- Evidence of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions to both engineering and customer problems
- Excellent technical, conceptual, and budgeting skills
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written)
- Five years of team supervisory experience in an engineering related environment
- Track record of achieving results individually and through team leadership
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability
- Experience with regulatory certification process
- High energy and an enthusiastic attitude, desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges in a variety of disciplines
- Experience in the irrigation industry
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
An example of our amazing products is the ESP-TM2 Controller, which was released in the Spring of 2017. This controller is quickly gaining market share and our customers are telling us that the easy-to-use app and Wi-Fi functionality is exceeding expectations since it ensures customers can control their watering systems from anywhere. As a team, we are continuously working on several controller projects for both large and small-scale irrigation systems.
Rain Bird is and Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top