Senior Project Engineer- (Electronics)
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team.
As part of Rain Bird's Controls division, the Senior Project Engineer- Electronics is part of a team developing innovative product designs using embedded microprocessors. Combining your drive, energy, proven electrical engineering skills to provide a real-world solution that addresses smart water management and conservation!
Rain Bird's Controls division is a multi-disciplinary engineering and production team. We make irrigation controllers for a variety of applications using creative and innovative state of the art engineering methods. Our diverse group is comprised of self-motivated people who are excited to share their expertise in various engineering specialties, such as Mechanical, Electronics, Firmware, Software, and IOT.
- Responsible for all aspects of electronic development for new, innovative product designs using embedded microprocessors (ARM and 8-bit micros such as AVR, Microchip, etc.)
- Scope of responsibilities will cover reviewing customer requirements, creating technical specifications, cost-effective engineering designs, testing to robust environments, production implementation and product support in a cross-functional team environment.
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, to Engineering management concerning project schedule, quality improvement and cost reduction opportunities, cost estimates, etc.
- Candidate will interact with engineering, marketing, management and project leads to assure that product development priorities are completed to schedule and budget, while ensuring quality and product performance requirements are met.
- Product development activities include design and development, rigorous design reviews, incorporation of lessons learned from existing products, product verification and field validation along with coordinating with quality assurance and developing appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for keeping excellent organized project records and documentation.
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and team leadership skills
- 10+ years of electronic design engineering experience in a commercial product development environment
- Experience with robust microprocessor-based design, analog-to-digital conversion, sensor principles, analog circuit design, battery powered circuits, and power supplies
- Experience designing for electrically noisy environments with knowledge of ESD and power surge protection techniques
- Demonstrated development of commercial electronic products from concept to production
- Design experience with high-volume production products
- Familiarity with all phases of printed circuit board design from schematic capture through board layout to board fabrication and board assembly.
- Familiarity with digital noise mitigation techniques and ability to address routing challenges associated with high pin density IC packages, such as BGA.
- High energy and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn customer requirements and troubleshoot field problems, desire for continued learning, and irrigation industry interest
- Ability to lead/manage small engineering project teams and external vendors.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- Evidence of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions to both engineering and customer problems
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- High attention to detail; excellent organization skills
- MS or equivalent degree in engineering
- Experience with electronics potting, conformal coating, encapsulation
- Experience with embedded firmware development
- Analog/sensor design experience
- Experience with wireless, RF circuitry & antennas
- Experience in the irrigation industry
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
An example of our amazing products is the ESP-TM2 Controller, which was released in the Spring of 2017. This controller is quickly gaining market share and our customers are telling us that the easy-to-use app and Wi-Fi functionality is exceeding expectations since it ensures customers can control their watering systems from anywhere. As a team, we are continuously working on several controller projects for both large and small-scale irrigation systems.
Rain Bird is and Equal Opportunity Employer
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #engineering, #electricalengineer, #softwareengineer, #embedded, #embeddedengineer, #802.11, #wireless, #innovation, #quality, #embeddedwi-fi, #embeddedsystems, #linux, #unix, #masters, #IPv4, #IPv6, #HTTP/FTP, #32-bit, #16-bit, #8-bit, #32bit, #microcontroller, #computerscience, #electricalengineering, #C/C+, #IPsec, #CortexARMcores
Back to top