Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical)
A leader in global irrigation and advocating for The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global team.
As a Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer for our Filtration Business, you will lead New Product Development Engineering, as well as all activities related to the support of existing products. You will research, develop, launch new products and improve existing products. Included in the responsibilities are prototype design, product specification, process equipment specifications and production testing. You will also develop and maintain manufacturing, quality and testing procedures, and the overall documentation of the manufacturing process at a high standard.
- New Product Development and New Product Launches
- Publish assembly and installation instructions for manufacturing personnel, installation contractors, service providers, and customers
- Publish complete production prints and Bills-of-Material for assemblies
- Support production personnel by promptly answering design questions
- Produce fabrication approval (customer sign off) drawings
- Problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation of the processes
- Specify, select, and coordinate equipment improvements
- Conceive, justify, and implement significant product design improvements to reduce cost through the use of redesign, labor reductions, etc.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to improve productivity and profitability
- Completed Bachelor’s of Science Degree in an Engineering field
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- 5 years of experience in new product development
- Successful track record of achievements
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience drafting 3-D assemblies and producing 2-D production prints in SolidWorks by integrating existing libraries as well as modeling new components
- Project Management experience
- Self-starter with the flexibility to work in multiple roles in a team environment
- Enthusiasm and the willingness to learn quickly and effectively is a must
- Strong sense of urgency
- Travel as needed
- Experience with filtration
- Lean manufacturing or Lean Six Sigma experience
- Experience in using tools such as Lean Manufacturing, DOE and PFMEA
- Able to safely lift 40lbs to 50lbs
- Able to stand or sit for 2, 4, 6, hours at a time
- Able to operate in a manufacturing environment with appropriate PPE (hot, noisy, dusty, etc.)
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top