Senior Distribution Supervisor
Provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of the Azusa Distribution Center including receiving, inventory storage, order filling, shipping dock operations and Distribution Services.
- Drive and lead Safety program and 5S initiatives
- Drive and lead a Lean Distribution and continuous improvement methodology to make improvements to Distribution Center and supply chain operations
- Experience in supervising, training and developing a seasonal temporary agency workforce
- Work with the distribution management team in meeting Corporate strategic initiatives for improving productivity and increasing service quality to internal and external customers
- Maintain Distribution Center facility and material handling equipment
- Maintain high levels of inventory accuracy
- Drive improvements to the inventory cycle counting program
- Work with distribution management team to improve work environment
- Support transportation cost reduction activities
- Justify and implement new equipment and processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Achieve safety, quality, delivery, and shipping accuracy goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Operations Management or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience in a fast pace warehouse environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and to implement change
- MBA degree
- 3 + years of management experience in a physical distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management Systems (PeopleSoft) and Warehouse Management Systems (PkMS)
- Experience with radio frequency and automatic identification uses in material handling.
Rain Bird Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top