SBU Quality and Operations Manager
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global team. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and hard work while making a difference in our organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business.
You will be responsible for leading the Quality and Operational work of the Commercial Strategic Business Unit. You will be required to think and plan strategically and serve as a business partner to SBU management. Broad management experience with leadership responsibility is essential.
- As a lead advocate for product and service quality, lead work to drive improvement throughout the organization.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of all strategic quality plans and be responsible for ensuring that our products and our services exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Working with all of Rain Bird’s manufacturing facilities, ensure the SBU driven quality and operations expectations are clearly communicated and managed.
- Serving as a voice of the customer, ensure that high quality and service levels are a differentiator.
- Develop processes, systems and measurements by which customer quality and service requirements are identified and improved.
- Manage and improve business operations processes, including demand planning/sales forecasting.
- Working with Engineering and Marketing, coordinate and recommend product performance and quality specifications for those products serving the residential market.
- Bachelors Degree and knowledge of quality standards, practices, procedures, processes as well as technical and/or high volume manufacturing experience.
- 10+ years’ experience working in or managing a business with a strong quality orientation.
- Six Sigma and/or other related quality disciplines including Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, DOE, and Supplier Quality Assurance.
- A strong strategic perspective, an analytical approach to decision making, a process orientation and good coaching skills.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing influencing skills to promote results from people who have no direct reporting relationship to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate teams in the context of a business environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- At least one of the desired qualifications
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Prior P&L, and general management and/or marketing management experience
- New product development management experience
- Irrigation industry experience
- Proficiency in Spanish or another foreign language
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top