SBU Quality and Operations Manager
A leader in global irrigation and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our global team. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and hard work while making a difference in our organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business.
The selected candidate will be responsible for leading the function for the Commercial and Consumer Products Strategic Business Units. The successful candidate will be required to think and plan strategically and serve as a business partner to SBU management. Broad management experience with leadership responsibility is essential. Must be willing to relocate to Tucson for the role.
- As the lead advocate for outstanding customer experience, drive product and service improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Report on, and drive improvement in key metrics of the customer experience, including return rates and chargebacks, as well as qualitative customer feedback. Ensure new products in development are on track to meet or exceed customer expectations. Ensure action on the voice of the customer.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of strategic plans for the business units that target market share growth by exceeding customer expectations.
- Working with all of Rain Bird’s manufacturing facilities, ensure the SBU-driven quality and operations expectations are clearly communicated and managed.
- Develop processes, systems and measurements by which product and service requirements are identified and improved.
- Manage and improve business operations processes, such as demand planning/sales forecasting.
- Working with Engineering and Marketing, coordinate and recommend product performance and quality specifications and expectations.
- Draw on own experience and insights to identify and lead new initiatives to improve the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience working in or managing a business with a strong quality orientation.
- A strong strategic perspective, an analytical approach to decision making, a process orientation and good coaching skills.
- Six Sigma and/or other related quality disciplines such as Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, Supplier Quality Assurance etc.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing influencing skills to promote results from people who have no direct reporting relationship to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate teams in the context of a business environment.
- Prior P&L, and general management experience
- New product development management experience
- Irrigation industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Spanish or another foreign language
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top