Sales Manager - Wholesale Nurseries
This position will be the US sales leader for the Landscape Drip Division, driving our sales and service efforts to wholesale nursery and greenhouse growers. He/she will be responsible for working with the Rain Bird Landscape Drip Sales Team in the region to support the overall objectives of the division. A high degree of professionalism and understanding of the customer requirements are needed to build long term customer relationships.
- Successfully develop and execute unique, impactful, and targeted programs to capture incremental sales.
- Achieve aggressive Landscape Drip nursery sales goals.
- Analyze and dissect the market as it relates to market share, penetration and growth opportunities and develop an annual strategic plan for accomplishing the division’s objectives.
- Educate customers as required to promote the benefits of Rain Bird Drip products and application solutions.
- Work with the division’s marketing team in launching new products.
- Collaborate with the Landscape Drip Product Sales Managers on the most effective sales strategies and tactics.
- Act as the region’s Landscape Drip wholesale nursery applications expert.
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Agriculture or related field
- 10+ years of experience in the horticultural industry with demonstrated sales success
- In depth understanding of the wholesale growers, greenhouse and nursery market
- Ability to work with owners and upper management of large wholesale growers
- Comfortable working directly with decision makers
- Technical aptitude to understand product features and benefits and the ability to clearly communicate these benefits
- Ability to gather market intelligence and communicate these opportunities to management
- Ability to work independently and manage the territory thoroughly
- Strong organizational skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic thinking, and tactical execution
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of work schedule
- MBA degree
- Sales management experience
- Experience in training
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#nurseries, #nurserysales, #regionalsalesmanager, #nationalsalesmanager, #rainbird, #rainbirdjobs, #jobsatrainbird, #glassdoor
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top