Sales Manager, Filters
The successful candidate has to be self-motivated, creative and have a willingness to overcome challenges. The candidate must possess strong communication and selling skills, be persuasive and easily build rapport with others. Success in this position will require a strong work ethic, strategic thinking & problem-solving skills, negotiation skills and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
This person is responsible for Industrial and Municipal segments for Filter sales and market share growth.
This is an individual contributor role.
- Meet and exceed the monthly, quarterly, and annual sales target by establishing a base business and then doubling sales every year.
- These orders could be obtained directly from the end user, the EPC (engineering, procurement and contractor), or industrial distributor
- Establish marketing material, that is scalable, to be used for their selling efforts and others.
- Utilize various marketing techniques to create end user awareness of Rain Bird’s industrial filter capabilities
- Provide product innovation via voice of the customer efforts that will help to drive our new product development
- Update the projects pipeline frequently, maintain the projects database, and secure Rain Bird installations at strategic, high profile sites.
- Successfully develop and execute unique, impactful, and targeted programs to capture incremental sales.
- Prepare the weekly/ monthly sales/ job reports
- Travel frequently and consistently to customers, as per the business needs and priorities.
- Differentiate Rain Bird from its competitors by providing superior after sales support, high visibility, and constant call coverage cycle.
- Assist the General Manager in determining the market needs, and collecting all required information about Rain Bird competition from the market.
- Graduate level degree (BA, BS, Engineering or Architect), MBA is preferred
- Irrigation sales and business development experience (including design and installation)
- Five years sales and/or marketing experience. Experience with both functions preferred.
- Strong selling/communication & problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and CAD software program experience
- Ability to travel at least 50% of time
Rain Bird Corporation is the world's leading manufacturer and provider of irrigation products and services. Since its beginnings in 1933, Rain Bird has offered the industry's broadest range of irrigation products for farms, golf courses, sports arenas, commercial developments and homes in more than 130 countries around the globe. Rain Bird has been awarded more than 450 patents worldwide, including the first in 1935 for the impact sprinkler. Rain Bird and The Intelligent Use of Water™ are about using water wisely. Its commitment extends beyond products to education, training, and services for the industry and the community. In 2015 Rain Bird developed the 25 Ways to Save 25% website to provide a resource to consumers on water irrigation options,http://25ways.rainbird.com
Rain Bird maintains state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, France, and Mexico. People who work at Rain Bird find rewarding careers in Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Operations and more.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top