Sales and Marketing Manager - Pumps
The Rain Bird Sales and Marketing Manager for the Pump Station business line is responsible for the topline sales growth of this product line.
Deliver topline sales growth for the Rain Bird Pump Station business. Hold general management responsibility for this business P&L, driving sales growth, profitability, and channel and market development. Also hold direct reporting responsibility for manufacturing and technical operations. Duties include:
- Owning and executing the growth plan for the business, including identification and execution of ways to significantly grow market share
- Driving sales growth in commercial irrigation, golf irrigation and other opportunity markets worldwide
- Developing the organizational capabilities needed to pursue these segments including acquisition of new products and businesses
- Managing the P&L and ensuring profitable growth
- Partnering with and training the sales force, and channel development
- Product line planning and execution, including pricing strategy
- Management and continual improvement of product quality
- Improving and developing the manufacturing operation, and improving technical capabilities.
- Management and development of staff including justification of new additions
- Undergraduate degree in business or a technical discipline
- Ten or more years of experience in the pump industry, including sales management.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- An aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic and tactical thinking, and detailed planning
- Channel development, market development and sales management in pump markets
- General management experience
- Willingness to relocate to and work in Tucson
- One or more of the desired qualifications
- MBA or an advanced technical degree
- Experience in wholesale distribution or business to business marketing, irrigation design and installation, and international business
- A track record of successful merger/acquisition opportunity identification and integration
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top