Regional Sales Manager Specification
The Regional Sales Manager, Specification is responsible for achieving corporate sales objectives through the irrigation specification, public agency and corporate account channels. The Regional Manager leads a team of Area Specification Managers and Public Agency Account Managers to grow relationships with architects, irrigation consultants/designers, design-build contractors and others involved in the selection of irrigation products to increase the specification of Rain Bird products. Additionally, the Regional Manager serves as the “voice of the customer” for internal Rain Bird staff including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Manufacturing.
- Achieve regional specification, public agency, central control and corporate account sales and specification share goals through development and execution of strategic plans and tactics.
- Work with the National Sales Manager (Specification) and Regional Sales Managers (all channels) to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Define and execute regional plans that achieve significant sales and market share growth of specifiable products. Track progress and make changes as needed.
- Analyze specification share data and develop action plans to address market share changes.
- Work with Marketing to ensure that the product line plans and new products achieve desired results.
- Demonstrate financial acumen by creating sales growth programs and accompanying analyses to ensure profitable sales growth and sound business decision-making.
- Be responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and developing the specification, public agency sales force ensuring regional goals are met and successors are in place.
- Assist the SBU’s in developing marketing programs and determining product needs.
- Build reliable forecasts and sales funnel information.
- Manage regional opportunity pipeline/scorecard.
- Effectively manage assigned staff.
- Undergraduate degree in landscape architecture, business or a technical discipline
- Five or more years of combined experience in sales management or sales & marketing management with direct reports
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and credibly at all levels in the organization
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic thinking, and detailed planning
- Must be able to travel to work extensively with sales members for coaching and developing customer relations. This position requires approximately 75% overnight travel.
- At least one of the desired qualifications
- Previous experience in the Landscape irrigation industry with a knowledge of Rain Bird products and applications, specification practices, the Rain Bird organization and competitive products.
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience with wholesale distribution, business to business sales, irrigation design and installation
- International sales/marketing management experience
- Fluency in more than one language
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top