Regional Manager - Distribution East
The Rain Bird Regional Manager Distribution Eastern US will be responsible for growing Rain Bird Turf product sales in select regions located within the Eastern United States, through the leadership of a team of Distributor Managers. The successful candidate will be required to think/plan strategically, demonstrate the ability to aggressively drive sales through the distributor channel and achieve in depth knowledge of identified regions.
- Develop and successfully execute a regional sales plan that will achieve significant Turf sales growth through the distributor channel.
- Recruit, train, manage and develop a Distributor Manager Sales staff. Implement corporate policies, ensure adherence to strategic guidelines and develop a succession plan for this sales team.
- Justify and execute promotional programs intended to drive sales through the distributor channel, assuring market shares gains are achieved in each region.
- Achieve Sales goals for all Turf SBU’s within the assigned regions.
- Work in conjunction with the Sales Manager to drive the development and implementation of the SBU Strategic Plans.
- Collaborate with SBU Marketing to ensure that the product line plans, marketing programs, launches and marketing materials meet the distributor customer needs.
- Work with the Distributor Manager Team to maintain a seamless and cohesive approach to the market, while achieving the sales goals for all Turf SBU’s within the assigned region.
- Prepare regular and special sales reports as assigned including bimonthly reports, strategic plans, market share analyses etc.
- Undergraduate degree and eight or more years of experience in Sales.
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple projects.
- Sales Management experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic and tactical thinking, and detailed planning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate teams in the context of a business environment.
- Strategic thinker with strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- Experience in wholesale distribution or business to business marketing, irrigation design and installation.
- Bilingual/Speaks Spanish
Must be willing to travel at least 50% of the time and live within the regions.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top