Quality and Operations Manager
Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, creates innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while saving water. Rain Bird seeks a results-driven Business Quality and Operations Manager. As a seasoned leader, you will create and implement a short / long term strategic vision and strategies for sales and business growth. You will provide leadership, guidance, and direction to the managers in your regions and their respective personnel and will work closely with the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) to ensure that objectives are achieved. You are an expert at assessing and implementing continuous improvement opportunities within the business while developing and supporting the implementation of product enhancements. Your experience as a General Manager with P&L responsibility and a track history of successfully bringing new products to market will make you an ideal candidate for this position. The successful candidate will be required to think and plan strategically and serve as a business partner to management. Broad management experience with leadership responsibility is a must.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development and path. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. You are highly motivated to achieve excellence and be surrounded by others who inspire innovation. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- As a lead advocate for product and service quality, lead efforts to drive improvement throughout the organization.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of all strategic quality plans and be responsible for ensuring that our products and our services exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Working with all of Rain Bird’s manufacturing facilities, ensure the SBU driven quality and operational expectations are clearly communicated and managed.
- Serving as a voice of the customer, ensure that quality and service levels are a differentiator.
- Develop processes, systems and measurements by which customer quality and service requirements are identified and improved.
- Working with Engineering and Marketing, coordinate and recommend product performance and quality specifications for those products serving the residential market.
- Bachelors Degree and knowledge of quality standards, practices, procedures, processes as well as technical and/or high volume manufacturing experience.
- 8-10 years’ experience working in or managing a business with a strong quality orientation.
- Six Sigma and/or other related quality disciplines including Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, DOE, and Supplier Quality Assurance.
- A strong strategic perspective, an analytical approach to decision making, a process orientation and good coaching skills.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing influencing skills to promote results from people who have no direct reporting relationship to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate teams in the context of a business environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- MBA degree.
- Prior P&L, general management and/or marketing experience
- Strong analytical skills, including practical experience in applying probability and statistics to business decisions.
The ideal candidate will embrace aggressive goal setting, be enthusiastic and hard-working.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#P&L, #PLmanagement, #generalmanger, #CEO, #president, #vpofsales, #vicepresidentofsales, vpofmarketing, #vicepresident, #executive
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top