Public Agency Account Manager
The Public Agency Account Manager operates as a sales consultant to influence and aide decision makers in the irrigation industry. This includes but is not limited to Municipalities, Public Works, Colleges & Universities, Contractors, and Distribution customers within the region. The objective is to drive irrigation installation and standardization for Rain Bird products.
- Build relationships with public agencies with the primary objective of selling Rain Bird turf products.
- Train and educate public agencies on Rain Bird’s turf products, their applications, key benefits, and troubleshooting.
- Train and educate public agencies on Rain Bird pumps and filters. Make Rain Bird the desired pump manufacturer in the region for public agencies.
- Conduct product demonstration and become the product technical expert for the regional team.
- Develop relationships with targeted public agencies at the decision maker level.
- Closely coordinate with the Area Specification Manager, Distributor Managers and Contractor Account Managers working within the territory to identify customers who represent the greatest opportunities.
- Create and initiate programs designed to grow contractor, distributor and public agency business with Rain Bird and become a key resource to the customer base.
- Analyze sales results, demonstrate products, educate irrigation users, and work as an essential member of the territory team.
- Make Rain Bird the most visible manufacturer to all public agencies in the region.
- Participate in the CPRA and other organizations for the purpose of networking and generating opportunities to sell Rain Bird products.
- This position requires approximately 30% overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ work experience in sales
- 2+ years working directly with irrigation pumps via operating or selling
- Working knowledge of residential and commercial irrigation products and practices
- Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications
- Self-motivated, team player, results oriented and excellent communication skills required
- Ability to work with multiple teams to ensure Rain Bird products are installed on projects
- Landscape Architect degree or other technical or engineering degree
- MBA desired
- Ability to communicate in English (written and verbal)
- Candidate must be willing to live in Colorado, preferably the greater Denver area
- Irrigation experience
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top