Project Leader (Electronics)
The Sr. Engineer- Electronics Project Leader oversees the initiation, planning, implementation, and tracking of multiple development projects with defined end dates. Projects may include those related to new product development, cost reduction, or quality enhancements. Specific activities may include people management, external vendor management, project planning, monitoring progress, developing and tracking budgets, controlling expenses, facilitating team meetings, and more. The candidate will be able to work with marketing to help identify the most appropriate technical approaches and technologies, drive early conceptual designs and prototypes, and ensure solutions will fit within company goals and guidelines. The candidate will be able to identify and recommend viable technical approaches to solve new product needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver expected results associated with assigned design and development projects
- Be proficient in driving new product designs using electronics and embedded firmware
- Work with engineering teams to prepare engineering budget and schedule estimates for new projects
- Prepare RFQ (Request For Quotation) and work with external vendors on SOW (Statement of Work) documents
- Work collaboratively with a broad spectrum of Rain Bird employees to establish project goals
- Participate heavily in all phases of product conceptualization, justification, requirements definition, development, implementation, and launch
- Set priorities, develop work schedules, and regularly assess progress
- Anticipate and solve technical problems by assessing risks, identifying possible solutions, and driving appropriate corrective actions
- Provide progress reports and recommendations to stakeholders
- Be comfortable spending time in Mexico plants, as well as traveling to other Rain Bird facilities
- B.S. in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or other related technical degree
- Experience in developing electronic products for robust applications and high production volumes
- Exceptional knowledge of electronic design and embedded firmware development processes
- Experience with 8-bit microprocessors, 32-bit processors, analog, and digital circuitry
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- Evidence of innovative and creative thinking used to create effective solutions to both engineering and customer problems.
- Excellent technical, conceptual, and budgeting skills
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written).
- Five years of supervisory experience in an engineering related environment
- Track record of achieving results individually and through team leadership
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability
- Experience with regulatory certification process.
- High energy and an enthusiastic attitude, desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges in a variety of disciplines
- Previous experience in the irrigation industry
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#RainBirdJobs, #RainBirdCareers, #WorkingatRainBird, #engineering, #electricalengineer, #softwareengineer, #embedded, #embeddedengineer, #802.11, #wireless, #innovation, #quality, #embeddedwi-fi, #embeddedsystems, #linux, #unix, #masters, #IPv4, #IPv6, #HTTP/FTP, #32-bit, #16-bit, #8-bit, #32bit, #microcontroller, #computerscience, #electricalengineering, #C/C+, #IPsec, #CortexARMcores
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top