A leader in global irrigation for over 80 years and innovating The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team.
As part of Rain Bird's Controls division, Program Manager to oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of multiple projects with defined end dates, as well as the coordination and administration of on-going, highly strategic programs. Projects and/or programs may include those related to new product or technology development, cost reduction, or quality enhancements. Specific activities may include staffing, people management, project planning, monitoring progress, developing and tracking budgets, controlling expenses and profitability, financial and strategic planning, facilitating team meetings, and more.
Rain Bird's Controls division is a multi-disciplinary engineering and production team. We make irrigation controllers for a variety of applications using creative and innovative state of the art engineering methods. Our diverse group is comprised of self-motivated people who are excited to share their expertise in various engineering specialties, such as Mechanical, Electronics, Firmware, Software, and IOT.
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver expected results associated with assigned projects and/or programs
- Work collaboratively with a broad spectrum of Rain Bird employees to establish project goals and allocate necessary resources (money, equipment, people)
- Participate heavily in all phases of product or program conceptualization, justification, requirements definition, development, implementation, and launch
- Set priorities, develop work schedules, and regularly assess progress
- Identify, evaluate, and take action to control risks associated with program activities
- Anticipate and solve problems by assessing situations, identifying causes and possible solutions, and driving appropriate corrective actions
- Regularly identify areas for improvement
- Provide progress reports and recommendations to stakeholders
- Be comfortable spending time in Mexico plants, as well as traveling to other Rain Bird facilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills in the areas of communication, people management, motivation, and negotiation
- Program management experience with electronic consumer products
- Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Extensive experience developing electronics-based hardware products
- Track record of achieving results individually and through team leadership
- Prior experience with project management functions
- High energy and an enthusiastic attitude, desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges in a variety of disciplines
- Previous experience in the irrigation industry
- Graduate degree in business or a technical discipline
- Fluency in Spanish
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
An example of our amazing products is the ESP-TM2 Controller, which was released in the Spring of 2017. This controller is quickly gaining market share and our customers are telling us that the easy-to-use app and Wi-Fi functionality is exceeding expectations since it ensures customers can control their watering systems from anywhere. As a team, we are continuously working on several controller projects for both large and small-scale irrigation systems.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Kenny P.Project Engineer
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top