Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years is hiring a Program Manager to oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of multiple projects with defined end dates, as well as the coordination and administration of on-going, highly strategic programs. Projects and/or programs may include those related to new product or technology development, cost reduction, or quality enhancements. Specific activities may include staffing, people management, project planning, monitoring progress, developing and tracking budgets, controlling expenses and profitability, financial and strategic planning, facilitating team meetings, and more.
- Deliver expected results associated with assigned projects and/or programs
- Work collaboratively with a broad spectrum of Rain Bird employees to establish project goals and allocate necessary resources (money, equipment, people)
- Participate heavily in all phases of product or program conceptualization, justification, requirements definition, development, implementation, and launch
- Set priorities, develop work schedules, and regularly assess progress
- Identify, evaluate, and take action to control risks associated with program activities
- Anticipate and solve problems by assessing situations, identifying causes and possible solutions, and driving appropriate corrective actions
- Regularly identify areas for improvement
- Provide progress reports and recommendations to stakeholders
- Be comfortable spending time in Mexico plants, as well as traveling to other Rain Bird facilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills in the areas of communication, people management, motivation, and negotiation
- Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Broad experience with electronics-based products
- Track record of achieving results individually and through team leadership
- Prior experience with project management functions
- High energy and an enthusiastic attitude, desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges in a variety of disciplines
- Previous experience in the irrigation industry
- Graduate degree in business or a technical discipline
- Fluency in Spanish
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top