Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Rain Bird is seeking a Production Supervisor in order to supervise manufacturing activities in a high speed and a highly automated assembly environment. You will assist in the management and training of employees, as well as ensure safety regulations, regulatory controls, policies, and procedures are followed. As a member of our leadership you will support our Lean Manufacturing Disciplines in order to help meet our company goals.
- Supervise manufacturing activities in a high Speed automated assembly environment.
- Hire, develop, train and monitor production, technical, and support personnel.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Ensure that safety regulations, regulatory controls, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Assist in the management of Rain Birds Corrective Action System.
- Initiate and oversee quality and process improvements.
- Implement & support Automation and Lean Manufacturing methodology to achieve operational goals.
- Monitor productivity, reduce scrap and down time.
- Drive 5S efforts, stress good housekeeping and maintain a “like new” attractiveness for the entire plant.
- Manage timecard and payroll related issues for hourly personnel.
- Manage attendance, formal problem solving, and disciplinary process for employees in accordance with the Rain Bird personnel Policies manual.
- Promote team building and ensure that all production teams are functional.
- Ensure accurate and efficient communication between all departments and production personnel.
- BS or BA degree in business or technical discipline.
- 3+ years manufacturing supervision experience.
- Experienced with 5S and Lean tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-starter.
- Excellent team player.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish.
- Graduate degree in business or a technical discipline.
- Working knowledge of TQM tools and techniques.
- Experience in a seasonal business
- Highly flexible and creative with the ability to succeed in a very dynamic environment.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Manufacturing Modules.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top