- Supervise manufacturing activities in a high volume automated assembly environment.
- Hire, develop, train and monitor production, technical, and support personnel.
- Ensure safety regulations, regulatory controls, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Assist in the management of the Corrective Action System.
- Initiate and oversee quality and process improvements.
- Implement and support Automation and Lean Manufacturing methodology to achieve operational goals.
- Monitor productivity, reduce scrap and down time.
- Drive 5S efforts, stress good housekeeping and maintain a “like new” attractiveness for the entire plant.
- Manage timecard and payroll related issues for hourly personnel.
- Manage attendance, formal problem solving, and disciplinary process for employees in accordance with the Rain Bird personnel Policies manual.
- Promote team building and ensure that all production teams are functional.
- Ensure accurate and efficient communication between all departments and production personnel.
- BS or BA degree in business or technical discipline.
- 3+ years manufacturing supervision experience.
- Experienced with 5S and Lean tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic self starter.
- Excellent team player.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish.
- Graduate degree in business or a technical discipline.
- Working knowledge of TQM tools and techniques.
- Experience in a seasonal business
- Highly flexible and creative with the ability to succeed in a very dynamic environment.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Manufacturing
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#productionsupervisor, #autmoation, #assembly, #rainbird, #manufacturing, #quality, #automatedassembly, #productionjobs, #californiajobs, #careersatrainbird, #jobsatrainbird, #productionmanager, #plantmanager, #engineeringdegree, #5s, #safety, #manufacturing, #azusa, #irrigation
Back to top