Position will have leadership and be responsible for executing the daily production schedule, daily production reports and will have ultimate accountability for the safety, quality and delivery performance of the production shift. Will adhere to work standards and procedures in order to be responsible for production operations on X shift for the Steele Manufacturing Plant.
- Supervise manufacturing activities with high speed equipment
- Hire, develop, train and monitor production, technical, and support personnel
- Ensure safety regulations, regulatory controls, policies, and procedures are followed
- Implement and support Automation and Lean Manufacturing methodology to achieve operational goals
- Assist in the management of the Corrective Action System
- Initiate and oversee quality and process improvements
- Monitor productivity, reduce scrap and down time
- Drive 5S efforts, stress good housekeeping and maintain a “like new” attractiveness for the entire plant
- Manage timecard and payroll related issues for hourly personnel
- Manage attendance, formal problem solving, and disciplinary process for employees in accordance with the Rain Bird personnel Policies manual
- Promote team building and ensure that all production teams are functional
- Ensure accurate and efficient communication between all departments and production personnel
- BS or BA degree in business or technical discipline
- 3+ years manufacturing supervision experience
- Experienced with 5S and Lean tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter and excellent team player
- Graduate degree in business or technical discipline.
- Working knowledge of TQM tools and techniques.
- Experience in a seasonal business
- Highly flexible and creative with the ability to succeed in a very dynamic environment.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Manufacturing Modules.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top