The Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of manufacturing operations at Steele Extrusion including personnel requirements, production standards, facilities and equipment 5S, and schedule attainment. The Production Manager must foster a performance-driven, continuous-improvement environment for production operations and has accountability for the safety, quality, delivery, and productivity performance of the manufacturing group.
- Be a leader and motivator with a focus on a productive and positive working environment.
- Be a strategic thinker and have a proven track record of operational excellence, including utilization of lean manufacturing techniques and tools.
- Design and implement plans to improve safety, quality, delivery, and productivity.
- Provide leadership, supervise, develop, and coach production supervisors and leads, ensuring that they understand and contribute to company objectives.
- Foster creativity and innovation within the production team.
- Be an experienced recruiter and mentor to promotable employees.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of direct production and agency employees, including headcount planning and performance management.
- Schedule and oversee production; coordinate with internal and external contacts to ensure fulfillment of all customer orders.
- Lead 5S efforts, stress good housekeeping and maintain the “as new” attractiveness of the entire plant
- Be enthusiastic, hard-working, and have a can-do attitude.
- Work as a true team player with other functional departments and plants within the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills – high integrity, results driven, interpersonal skills, ability to champion change and strong manufacturing competencies
- Ability to move into plant manager role quickly
- S. in engineering or business. MBA or MS a desirable
- At least five years of experience as a production manager or plant manager of a smaller plant
- Strong Lean manufacturing and six sigma tool-set a must. Ability to lead significant improvements in quality, productivity, cost and material velocity
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- Experience in high volume, discrete manufacturing a strongly desirable
- Experience in injection molding, high speed automation, cellular manufacturing and/or extrusion highly desirable
- Previous experience as a Plant Manager or Operations Manager.
- Working knowledge of plastic extrusion processes.
- Experience in a seasonal business.
- Strong HR experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Manufacturing Modules.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish highly desired.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top