Responsible for all aspects of manufacturing operations at Steele Extrusion including personnel requirements, production standards, facilities and equipment 5S, and schedule attainment. The Production Manager must foster a performance-driven, continuous-improvement environment for production operations and has accountability for the safety, quality, delivery, and productivity performance of the manufacturing group.
- Be a leader and motivator with a focus on a productive and positive working environment.
- Be a strategic thinker and have a proven track record of operational excellence, including utilization of lean manufacturing techniques and tools.
- Design and implement plans to improve safety, quality, delivery, and productivity.
- Provide leadership, supervise, develop, and coach production supervisors and leads, ensuring that they understand and contribute to company objectives.
- Foster creativity and innovation within the production team.
- Be an experienced recruiter and mentor to promotable employees.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of direct production and agency employees, including headcount planning and performance management.
- Schedule and oversee production; coordinate with internal and external contacts to ensure fulfillment of all customer orders.
- Lead 5S efforts, stress good housekeeping and maintain the “as new” attractiveness of the entire plant
- Be enthusiastic, hard-working, and have a can-do attitude.
- Work as a true team player with other functional departments and plants within the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills – high integrity, results driven, interpersonal skills, ability to champion change and strong manufacturing competencies
- Ability to move into plant manager role quickly
- S. in engineering or business. MBA or MS a desirable
- At least five years of experience as a production manager or plant manager of a smaller plant
- Strong Lean manufacturing and six sigma tool-set a must. Ability to lead significant improvements in quality, productivity, cost and material velocity
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving good results
- Experience in high volume, discrete manufacturing a strongly desirable
- Experience in injection molding, high speed automation, cellular manufacturing and/or extrusion highly desirable
- Previous experience as a Plant Manager or Operations Manager.
- Working knowledge of plastic extrusion processes.
- Experience in a seasonal business.
- Strong HR experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Manufacturing Modules.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish highly desired.
Back to top