A leader in global irrigation and advocating for The Intelligent Use of Water, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team.
The position is responsible for Production Operations of the Azusa Manufacturing Facility. The plant is a high volume operation that assembles irrigation system components. The position has accountability for safety, quality, delivery, and productivity performance. The individual must manage a performance-driven and continuous-improvement environment.
- Drive daily production results by systemically managing the critical daily actions required to meet operation requirements
- Supervise and develop production supervisors to ensure that the organization is aligned to meet daily production requirements
- Be a strategic thinker to solve reoccurring problems with sustainable long term solutions
- Have a proven track record of operational excellence based on lean manufacturing principles and methods
- Design and implement plans to continuously improve safety, quality, delivery, productivity and cost
- Communicate effectively in an environment with both English and Spanish native speakers
- Coordinate the hiring and training of direct employees, including headcount planning and performance management
- Ensure that issues affecting production are defined and communicated to maintenance, quality, engineering, and materials personnel for resolution
- Be an integral team member of groups working on new product and machine introduction
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and technical skills, particularly with respect to a manufacturing environment
- B.S. in a technical or business discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in a production or manufacturing engineering role, including at least 3 years of managing daily operations
- Lean manufacturing and six sigma methods
- Experience with high volume automated manufacturing
- History of increasing responsibilities with a proven track record of achieving sustainable results
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- IE, MBA or other graduate business degree
- Previous experience as a Plant Manager with P&L and budget responsibility
- Experience in supply chain management, logistics, or quality
- Experience in high volume assembly
- Six Sigma Certification
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top