Product Sales Specialist - Filters
The Filter Sales Specialist works with Rain Bird’s Domestic and International Sales Teams, Distributors and End Users to design and prepare Filter proposals for Irrigation and Industrial markets. This individual will be part of the Filter Business Sales & Marketing Team and work closely with Pumps & Filters Manufacturing, Engineering and Services. Key objectives will be sales growth, improved customer satisfaction, and order processing from quotes to invoice.
- Developing proposals and quotations in a very responsive, friendly and customer centric way to support the growth of Filter products.
- Converting end-user specifications and requirements, including electrical, hydraulic and packaging elements, into a quote and effectively communicating to the customer.
- Following up on open quotes that have not been converted to orders
- Order processing and administrative work required to convert a quote to an order.
- Customer correspondence for order status, shipment and invoicing communications
- Being the initial point of contact for technical support and communicating the customer’s needs to appropriate personnel within the organization.
- Recording reasons as to why quotes were not converted to orders.
- Continually improve the inside sales and support processes, including but not limited to, quotations, order processing, marketing, support material and other voice of the customer inputs received in daily communications with the customer.
- B.S. in Marketing, Communications or Engineering
- Customer Service Experience
- Demonstrated track record of growth and incremental customer development
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organization skills
- Enthusiastic, high-energy, strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and influence skills to engage people across a large organization
- Self motivated, team player, with ability to achieve results individually and through others
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and higher level Excel skills
- MBA, business experience, and the desire to advance within the organization
- Familiar with engineering hydraulics, electronics and control basics, and rotating machinery
- Filter (and Pump) application, design, sales or service experience
- Bid & proposal preparation experience and a basic understanding of costing methods
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Rain Bird's Employees
Working in the Research and Development Group as a project engineer means Kenny is constantly working to prototype and test innovative ideas for Rain Bird on the new product development-line floor.
Back to top